A Letter to my son .



To my son  deek  and all his male friends ,

My dear son , today I have come to you for help .  for last so many years I have been working on gender issues , I have been doing things which  was  only  in my influence ,  But today I need  your help  .
Help from  friend ,  from  Mother, and most of all    from  a  'WOMAN'
,I need   Help from you deek   as  friends , as son  and most of all  as  'MALE' and  as a ,BOY'.
Tthough I was your mother , a superwoman for you who is a multitask er , who is super fast and super independent . yes true , if this is true with me   ,  this is also true my friend that i have been always a 'SURVIVOR ' not
'BENEFICIARY like your father  .

I HAVE BEEN ALWAYS A SURVIVOR .



Today as 'SURVIVOR'  I need your HELP.
I have a request to make dear son .My request is for those situations where I can not enter,
-in
 your group of friends .
-Your night out .                                  
-your friends gossip
-your disco the ck .
-your changing room.......
......................
























I    REQUEST , I request when that when you have a conversation of  rape , molestation , abuse and call each other out on degrading behavior and then any of your friends says

" I am not responsible , she wanted it yaar .

Please Please ...  Please don't   laugh or don't ignore it .
show your disagreement PLEASE .

As a survivor I want allies who just don't   protect me from the world  , but who work to protect world a place where rape , abuse and molestation are not things i have to fear.. .




Love
Madhu,
your mother .
A Woman
A survivor .

14 july 2014.
 



2 comments:

Veerendra said...

A real responsible mother.

Anonymous said...

I loved your write up to your son ! I am with you in your thoughts !

-Dhirendra

Translate

follow me on face book