Yes , I am a whore .





They said  --'Take easy "
They said  -'calm down'
They said - 'Stop Talking '
They said -'Sit down '
They said -'Bow your head '
They said-'Keep on crying .Let the tears roll '

What you should do in response ???

I stood up .
Stood  right up .\
Held my back straight
Held my head high
I spoke  my mind .
Spoke loudly .

I screamed

I screamed  so loudly 
So they had to run for cover .
They said , 'You are shameless , why dont you die ??"

When I heard that '' I laughed !
They said ' You have loose character '
When I heard that
" I laughed louder '
Hearing  my laughter . they shouted   even more loudly  .
They said ' You are a whore '

When they said that
' I Just put my hands on my hips
stood and firmly said


' YES ,yes  I AM A WHORE .'
" YES  yes . I AM A WHORE '




They were shocked 
They stared in disbelief' '
They waited to say ,much more 
much more .


Men amongst them turned red and sweat

 And women amongdt them dreamt to be a whore like me 




   
                                                              (little change from tasleema nasreen's poem)

7 comments:

Prakash Gajanan Rane said...

Nice to read but too bold to understand & accept.

https://madhuchougaonkar.blogspot.com said...

thanx ..not too bold . character is the best attack on women in our society ,particularly when you are not tamed.

Unknown said...

yes ...what you said is correct........

akhil said...

realty of maximum womens...

https://madhuchougaonkar.blogspot.com said...

thnx ,

https://madhuchougaonkar.blogspot.com said...

yes , its reality of women , true

Hemant said...

Very true ! This is the reality of most of the women ! But some body has to come out and take the lead ( ref. 100th monkey theory ) and become a role model for others. At the same time I feel that MEN also have to play a BIG role. We have to acknowledge and accept the POWER and Role of women in our life. Treat every one as a PERSON first ! Rest every thing will follow automatically ! Hemant Risbud.

Translate

follow me on face book